Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

CARE4U2DAY Limited  


Care Funding

It can be a daunting process when you first discover that you need to arrange care, either for yourself or a loved one.

Invariably the first question you may ask is ‘What is the cost?’ and ‘Can I afford it?’

Help is available from our Registered Care Manager, Paula Hayes is always happy to discuss with you the funding options available, total costs involved, and how to proceed. For more information call Paula now on 01442 213379.

Local Authority

The best way to get help from your local authority is to ask for a care and support needs assessment. You can do this by contacting your Local Authority Adult Social Services department.

What to expect from a needs assessment

A needs assessment is a discussion between you (or the person you look after) and a trained person where you will talk about the care and support needs you have and the goals you want to achieve. It could be done face to face, over the telephone or online. The council will use the assessment to identify your care and support needs, and to discuss how these could be met.

Eligibility for funding

If you are eligible for home care services, the Local Authority gives you the option of selecting your own home care provider which will then be funded by the Local Authority, through direct payments or a personal budget.

If your needs do not meet the national eligibility criteria, the local authority still has to give you information and advice on what support might be available in the community to support you. Alternatively, you may want to consider funding your own care and support to help with the needs identified as a result of the assessment.

Attendance Allowance

This is a tax free benefit for people who are aged 65 years and over who need assistance with personal care either because they are mentally or physically disabled. You may be eligible for attendance allowance if:

  • You have a disability severe enough for you to require help caring for yourself
  • You have a physical or mental disability or both
  • You are aged 65 or over when you claim

Attendance allowance is not affected by savings or income.

Disability Living Allowance

This allowance is for people who are under the age of 65 who require assistance with walking or personal care with a physical or mental disability.

Continuing Health Care

This is fully funded care for people who do not require care in an NHS acute hospital but who do require high degrees of health care. Providing your needs satisfy the required criteria you could qualify, however, the largest group who receive continuing care are those assessed for terminal illness and palliative care .

Continuing care is intended to cover the entire costs of all care, including medical, nursing and personal care together with living and accommodation costs, the same as if care was being provided in an NHS Hospital

Disabled Facilities Grants

You could get a grant from your council if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to:

  • widen doors and install ramps
  • improve access to rooms and facilities - eg stair lifts or a downstairs bathroom
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

A Disabled Facilities Grant won’t affect any benefits you get.

If you want to discuss arranging a care package and the costs involved please call us on

01442 213379